- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- All meals during the hike
- An accompanying professional guide
- Camels for carrying luggage
- Ready tents and mattresses during the hike
- Team of camel drivers
- The services of a cook
- Transport and transfers
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal things
- Hotel and meals in Marrakech
- Traditional tips to the team
- Travel insurance
- Enjoy a beautiful desert hike in the Zireg takes place in one of the most isolated regions of southern Morocco
- Discover an exceptional color palette: bluish black mountains, regs, grandiose circuses, dry wadis, sanded hills and plateaus beset by dunes in flamboyant colors
- Meet the nomads Aït Khebbach, a powerful warrior oasis tribe who once lived trans-Saharan trade between Africa and the Maghreb
- Enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the high atlas during our drive to Desert
- Explore the thousand Kasbah in Dades and Todra valleys
- Experience the nights in the desert of Morocco under the stars
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Marrakech – Ait Ben haddou – Draa Valley – Zagora – Tamgroute – M’hamid.
Your driver will pick you up at 07.30 am at your accommodation in Marrakech. We drive through the beautiful High Atlas Mountains, it’s Berber villages and over the spectacular Tizin’Tichka pass (2.260 m). Visit several kasbahs along the way, including Tamnougalte and Ait Ben haddou . A 16th century UNESCO site, Ait Ben haddou is one of the best preserved and most spectacular kasbahs in Morocco. Lunch ( optional ) will be served in a typical Moroccan restaurant on the way. The trip continues through the palm-lined Draa river valley. Along the way, we stop in the the town of the 16th century dynasty ( Saadian), Tamgroute, to visit an old Coran library and a subterranean kasbah. Afterwards, we continue our trip towards the doorway to Sahara Desert (M’hamid). Overnight including half board at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, M’hamid.
M’hamid – Erg Lihoudi
This morning we will visit the 7 beautiful Kasbahs of Mhamid and enjoy lunch at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services. Around 03.00 p.m. you will get a taste of the nomadic life by riding the camels and traveling through the desert with its different facet of life. Overnight including half board at the peaceful Sahara Service Standard Camp, Erg Lihoudi.
Erg Lihoudi – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chegaga.
After a rich breakfast you will enjoy a 1-hour camel ride in the midst of the desert followed by a lunch break in M’hamid. Afterwards you will get picked up by your driver and your journey will continue by 4×4 through the beautiful desert landscape to a sacred Oasis .This Oasis consists of a small group of palm trees around a source in the midst of the desert, where you can find running water throughout the whole year. In the afternoon we will travel a further 15 km till we reach the dunes of Erg Chegaga with its height of 300m and span of 40km. enjoy the splendor of the sunset on the waves of the great sand dunes. Dinner and overnight at the Sahara Service Standard Camp, Erg Chegaga.
Erg Chegaga – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
Enjoy the beautiful sunrise up a sand dune! A once in a lifetime experience! After breakfast we will travel along the old Paris – Dakar road via the dry Lake of Iriqui towards Foum Zguid. Lunch will be served in the berber village of Taznakht. In the evening we will be back in the red city of Marrakech.