- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Good to know
- Air conditioned Minivan or 4WD
- Bottled water during the tour
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each)
- Half-board accommodations in selected hotels and Kasbahs
- Official art historian guide
- Overnight in desert camp dinner and breakfast included
- Professional English speaking driver
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Meet the Barbary monkeys in the cedar forest of Azrou
- Ride camel and enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes
- Enjoy a romantic dinner in desert camp under the stars in Merzouga
- Explore the gorgeous gorges and canyons of Dades and Todra
- Discover the beautiful architecture of the UNESCO Kasbah
- Visit to the cinema studios in Ouarzazate
- Explore the green palm groves and the valleys
- Explore the weekly berber markets in the villages and meet locals
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Fez – Ifrane – Azrou – Midelt – Errachidia – Ziz Valley – Erfoud – Merzouga.
Your driver will pick you up at 8.00 am at your accommodation in Fez. Your journey will take you through the Middle Atlas Mountains with its ever changing landscape toward the desert of Merzouga. We pass through the cedar woods near Ifrane, the “little Switzerland of Morocco”, past Azrou an important handicraft centre specialised in cedar wood work. After crossing the Zad pass at 2178m you will arrive in Midelt where we will stop for our lunch break (Optoinal ). In the afternoon you will drive towards Erfoud via Errachidia and the Ziz Valley dotted with palm trees. Continuation towards Merzouga for Overnight including Dinner & Breakfast Hotel, Merzouga.
Merzouga – Erg Chebbi.
After breakfast at the hotel meet your camel guide in the morning. Today we will disappear into the sand dunes of the Sahara on the back of your camel and spend a night under the stars in a desert camp. After around 1 hour of riding, we stop for lunch next to a shady Tamarisk tree. After lunch we continue towards our camp on the back of our camels. Our home for tonight, the nomad tents, are traditionally made out of thick goat and camel hair. Enjoy a welcome tea, while your evening meal is prepared and served. Overnight including Dinner & breakfast Bivouac, Erg Chebbi
Erg Chebbi – Merzouga – Erfoud – Todra Gorge – Dades Valley – Dades Gorge
Get up early to watch the amazing sunrise in the desert. After breakfast we will return on the back of our camels to the hotel in Merzouga. Our journey today will take us to Rissani and Erfoud in order to visit the fossilized marble factory. We will then continue to the palm groves of Touroug and Tinjdad, and head towards the Todra Gorges where we will stop for lunch (Optional). In the afternoon we will have time to explore the spectacular Dades Gorges. Overnight including Dinner & breakfast at Hotel, Boumalne Dades.
Dades Gorge – Roses Valley – Ouarzazate –Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech
After breakfast we return through the Dades Valley to the Kasbah of Ait Youl. The gravel road will lead us through the beautiful Rose Valley with its Kasbah and Ksours. Admire the special landscapes before you reach Kelaa Mgouna and later on the palm groves of Skoura. Here we will visit the Kasbah of Amerhidil. Continuation to Ouarzazate for lunch (Optoinal) Afterwards, we will take you all the way to Marrakech wih a stop for a visit in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah , then we drive back via the spectacular road leading us through the High Atlas Mountains . Your driver will drop out off at your accommodation in Marrakesh.